Friday 24 January 2014

'Drugstore' VS ' High-end' on based make-up


Hi Guys, as I mentioned last week that my next review will be on 'Drugstore' and ' High-end' products, believe me I am very excited to write this review, cause like most, I was curious to find out the differences. So my whole review is based on that.

 Lets get started.
Firstly before I apply base make up, I always make sure I have washed my face with face-wash or clean using a facial-wipe. This is really important before starting any make-up do.
I use 'Boots essentials cucumber cleansing wipes', really good and very refreshing.

Then a layer of moisturiser, my favourite, ' Vaseline Cocoa Radiant'. If you have extremely dry skin like me, I would suggest you to apply a good layer of moisturiser all over and wait for a min, for you skin to absorb and then apply another layer.
However, if your skin is oily, just tap a thin layer all over your face, not much.


Drugstore products used:-
Collection Lasting Perfection Foundation, Shade- Honey
Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer, Shade- Medium
Collection Sheer Loose Powder, Shade- Barely There


High-end products used:-
Mac Face and Body Foundation, Shade- C3
Mac Select Cover Up Concealer, Shade- NC30
Mac Select Sheer/ Loose, Shade- NC30



Ok, drugstore products first. Firstly I have an extremely dry sensitive skin. I have used numerous drugstore foundation, concealer, including brands like maybelline, l'oreal, rimmel and MUA, and nothing suited me. Until I came across ' Collection 2000' new range 'Lasting perfection'. I used the concealer first, after reading couple of reviews and saw positive feedbacks, and I must saw I was not disappointed at all, it was awesome. Soon I also grab the foundation and was equally pleased with it's results. The ' Lasting Perfection' range provides medium to built-in heavy coverage. The plus points are, very good coverage, excellent longevity, the sheer loose powder helps to set the foundation well and gives a nice glow to the face.
The common disadvantage, limited choices of shades available, hard to match a shade that goes perfectly with your skin tone. Like I used the shade Honey in foundation and shade Medium in concealer, both makes my skin 2 step lighter then my natural tone, so looks a bit unnatural. If I go a shade higher, then it will make me a step or so darker then my colour, will look like I have got a fake tan or something.
After a time period ( in my case 7-8 hours)......the foundation and concealer starts to form white mark, which is visible around my noise, creases are form underneath my eyes. Also, my skin starts to become oily and glossy.
Although might not be visible in the photo above but it gave a cakey finish, feels a little bit heavy on my skin. In other words, your base make up should be as natural as possible, but in the left hand photo, its quite visible that I have applied something whitish :P on my face. So in most cases drugstore products fail to give a natural finish.

After being disappointed on drugstore products (i.e. before I came across Collection Lasting Perfection), I turned to high-end i.e. MAC ( no suprises there). Mac is no doubt one of the most loved high-end brand. One thing I really like about MAC is it gives you so many choices in terms of shades and has products for any skin type. 
I like to keep my foundation light and as natural as possible.........and thats why I went with MAC face and body foundation. Its is in light liquid form, good for dry to normal skin. It gives a light to built up medium coverage and a jewy finish. My shades is C3 and perfectly matches my skin tone. After applying, it gives a slight yellowish natural glow to my face ( as you can see in the right side photo above). 
The MAC select cover up concealer is also for dry to normal skin. Great coverage with flawless finish, the shade NC30 is perfect for me. ( In concealer, you should always choose a shade that is slightly lighter then your skin tone). Both the foundation and concealer blends well and my face ends up looking luminous =P ( thats true) and photo friendly.
The Mac sheer/ loose ( Shade- NC30) absorbs any excess oil from my face, sets  the foundation and concealer perfectly and my make-up stays intact for a longer time period. 
Sorry but I cant find any flaws.....accept it gives me a headache when finding my shade........testing n trying =P.
You can judge by the above photo that MAC suits me better then Collection 2000. 

Swatches of all the products will be uploaded on my Facebook page.

Hope you like my review.
Please comment below
Also, like my FB page to stay updated on all my activitues








No comments:

Post a Comment